The Ministry of Energy and Minerals is delighted that you have visited this website and thanks you for your interest in our Ministry.
The Ministry of Energy and Minerals is an Omani Government Entity established in the Sultanate of Oman by virtue of Royal Decree No. 96/2020, dated 18 August 2020.
Your privacy and trust is our priority. This Privacy Statement is intend to help you understand that any personal data or information we collect from you, or that you provide herein (the website) will be processed for the below purposes;
This Privacy Statement (together with our Terms and Conditions) also sets out the terms between you and us under which you may use the Website. By accessing or using this website, you are: (1) accepting and agreeing to abide by, all the policies herein, which supplement our relevant terms and conditions; and (2) agreeing that we have the right to share your information (both technical and personal). If you do not agree to our policies and practices, please do not access or use the Website.
Information we collect and Use
By visiting this website, we automatically gather and process the following information:
- Technical Information (Ex. IP addresses, browsers, cookies, etc.);
- Statistical Information (Ex. pages viewed, number of visitors, access date & time, etc.).
In addition, we collect and process the information you provide to us (in Contact Us page):
- Phone Number;
- Email; and
Please note, if you do give us any information, then you agree that it is at your own risk.
We use information collected (this list is not exhaustive):
- To contact you;
- To statistically analyze our website usage;
- To improve our website and content;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of content we provide in this website;
- For legal and/or regulatory compliance reasons including litigation and defense of claims;
- To provide and share this information to third party suppliers and vendors including, but not limited to the operation and those who provide information technology and system administration services to us.
We will keep and retain Personal Data collected for as long as required by Sultanate of Oman law and/or to protect our legal interests.
Information Security and Personal Data Protection
We protect your personal data by implementing reasonable and current technical security measures. The legal basis for such processing of personal data is our legitimate interest in safeguarding our website. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secured. As a result, while we try to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We reserve the right to disclose your information, without notice to you, where we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary.
The Ministry of Energy and Minerals welcomes your continuous input and feedback regarding our Privacy Statement or Terms and Conditions. You may send us your comments and responses by clicking here.